Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Taming Your Tongue



So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, a world of ...

1.  Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) Death and life are in the power of the ...
2.  We've all met people with a sharp, critical tongue. Picture this scene. A couple from your Bible study group are having problems, and they have chosen to confide in you.
The man is big, a real outdoorsman, and works hard on a construction job. The wife is petite and frail. But she is as skilled with her tongue as David was with his slingshot against Goliath.
You're not with them long until the man bristles at his wife's verbal jabs.
"I just can't stand it when Karen puts me down in such a sarcastic way!" he complains.
"Oh, great big Mac," she digs, "can't take care of himself!"
Mac purses his lips and shakes his head. "I don't think I can take this much longer. I love my wife, but she's killing me with her tongue!"
Often the hostility in our hearts reveals itself through our words and actions. The word "tongue" is mentioned ninety-three times in the Bible, often referring to its destructive power



No comments:

Google Search

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...