Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Don’t let my wife divorce me though I beat her sometimes, husband tells court


A housewife, Lydia Okafor, has urged an Ilorin Area Court to dissolve her four-year-old marriage to Patrick Okafor on account of her husband’s constant humiliation.
Mrs. Okafor, of Oko-Erin area, Ilorin, told the court on Tuesday that her husband was fond of battering her and always disgracing her in the public.
The 33-year-old housewife told the court that her husband was fond of calling her all sort of unprintable names in public places.
”My husband has ridiculed me and spoiled my personality to the extent that I am ashamed of moving freely in my street,” she said.
She cited an instance when her husband sent her packing at midnight on October 12, adding that her husband was a heartless person. She told the court that their marriage was contracted in 2008 and had produced two children.
She prayed the court to dissolve the marriage, saying: ”I am fed up with his arrogant life style.”
However, Mr. Okafor objected to the prayer, saying that he was still interested in the marriage.
”Though, I sometimes beat her out of provocation, but not frequently because she is not straight forward in our marital union,” he said. He prayed the court for adjournment to enable him reconcile with his wife.
The judge, Ibrahim Abdulquadri, adjourned the case till January 10, 2013 for report on possible settlement. NAN

No comments:

Google Search

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...