Friday, 22 March 2013

Teriba returns to Nigeria •Says he was not confined to wheelchair



Leading gospel singer, Lanre Teriba (Atorise) is thanking God all the way following the survival of the February 15 attack by some hoodlums who were said to have asked him for money and shot him in the right leg in South Africa shortly after his performance at the West End Theatre.

Teriba, who flew into the country on Wednesday afternoon was received by friends, fans and family members who trooped to Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

It was reported few weeks back that the singer was shot in the leg by some hoodlums who were said to have trailed him to collect money from him after his performance, which was said to have thousands of fans in attendance.
Unconfirmed reports had it that Teriba had since the attack been confined to the wheelchair after undergoing surgery on his right leg.

Elated Teriba who was not on the wheelchair when sighted in Lagos shortly after his arrival in the country disclosed that he was fortunate to have survived the attack, saying the sad experience won’t stop him from visiting the country again.

“My promoter, Light Magic and I left the venue in separate cars to go back to our apartment. After driving about few kilometres, I noticed a car had been trailing me since we left the show .They hit the car I was in from the back. I saw five men come out of the car and I thought they were coming to apologise. When they got to the car, I realised that they were armed robbers because two of them had pistols and began demanding money.”

He said further: “I told them I had no money, the other guy just hit me telling me that he knew that I was well to do and just left my concert. I was beaten and they collected everything I had on me. One of them shot me in my right thigh, laughed at me and then they all left. I was taken to the hospital immediately and I was treated” he said.

Teriba disclosed further that he was never at any point confined to a wheelchair as against what was reported. “I wasn’t on a wheelchair. I received physical therapy and was told to observe enough rest before performing at any concert or church ministration 

No comments:

Google Search

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...