Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate

General Paul Tarfa said
"In those days when Nigeria was Nigerianising its military, many of the officers that you seetoday did not even have their school certificates until long after.

“When we were invited to go to Kaduna, we were given qualifying examination in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge, even before we took the school certificate exam. Some did not even wait to take their school certificates because vacancies were already waiting for them.

“It was after that qualifying exam that we were recruited into the army. By the time some had their school certificates, they had become officers.

“For example, Gen. Babangida never saw his school certificate until when he was head of state. I got my school certificate long after I became an officer".



General Olusegun Obasanjo
"When I joined the Army in the 1950s, I needed to have a Cambridge certificate or West African School Certificate or GCE with a minimum of six subjects to be able to join the military at the time.

“I don’t know of anybody who was an officer at that time that did not have similar certificates.

“Buhari joined the Army about four years after me and if I needed such a certificate to be admitted into the Army, I don’t know how he could have avoided it"

So who among them is lying to Nigerians?

No comments:

Google Search

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...